

Again it has been awhile since I posted a few paragraphs. I have been at Kalacha now since August 9th and for the most part the work has started well. It takes awhile to get back into the routine, culture, adjusting to the heat and living in the north. I am grateful to the Lord to tell you that the vehicle so many people gave towards is at Kalacha. Earlier in October we started doing our weekly mobile clinics. Due the people not wanting their pictures taken at this time, I can't show any pictures this time. Ever since watching how the Lord brought in the funds for the vehicle in such a short time, I believe that He will be starting something new with it.
Blessings thus far:
1)The Lord has allowed Ponisa, nurse friend, to return to Kalacha for an definite period of time to help in patient care at the clinic.
2)The Lord has started form a team to go out on the weekly clinic trips- the Clinic staff(3 of us), the Kenyan Pastor and a church member.
3)We have received in two small villages for medical and immunization clinics. Both villages have at present about 15 kids needing the various childhood vaccines. One village in particular we saw a very sick lady who need extra medical care. She was responsive to the medical care given. Two weeks later we went to her home again to follow up. She requested that we bring her to Kalacha for more medical care.
4)Pastor John has been able to preach in both places and ladies seemed to listen. Pray that those who attend will think about what they hear in their own language about the Lord and His love for them.
Thanks for your continued prayer support. I especially have appreciated those of you who have committed to praying for me daily. THANK MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!!!!
On a totally different note, We had a wonderful conference of about 50 people working northern Kenya at the end of October. October 20-25 was a AIM missionary mini-conference to brainstorm on how we can better reach the nomadic peoples around us. It was very good and challenging. We had times of prayer for each other and it was refreshing and uplifting to see fellow missionaries with the same goal- to reach more nomadic peoples!!
During that time volunteers found out that I was looking for a kitten. Their landlord had a set of kitten ready to leave the mother. So I brought a female, dusty brown colored about 6 weeks old back to Kalacha with me. She is so cute and great for company, as well as bug catcher, mouse snatcher, and hopefully when larger scorpion and snake alarm and killer. I have thought of some names but am taking a pole to see who responds.
Possible names: Cinnamon, Kurungu(place I got her), Duplicate(looks exactly the one I had last term) or what???? Let me know what you think.
1 comment:
I think cinnamon is an excellent name for that little girl. Spicy, naughty and yet good. Glad you have a cat for the vermin. Tell Ponisa we pray for her too. Have a good day and bless your efforts for Him. <><
Post a Comment