Saturday, September 20, 2008


More than a month as passed since my last entry so here we go.... Aug 9th I returned with others back to Kalacha via mission plane. The flights were smooth and it was wonderful to everyone. There was a warm welcome by church members, and town people at the airstrip. About a week and half later I went to Marsabit, largest town in the district, for shopping, getting the vehicle, and veggies, and greeting medical officials in the district hospital and get a new supply of vaccines for Kalacha Clinic.



Staying overnight with missionary friends was very helpful in many ways. I was able to visit with Kenyan friends whom I have not seen in a long time, get a good nights rest for the long trip and drive back to Kalacha, and yet not hold up the other missionaries who wanted to return to Kalacha the same day. Now the vehicle is back at Kalacha, and are already in use.




August was consumed mainly in getting settled in the house and clinic again. Ware was there continuing to do help those she could. The house hold supplies, my clothes, books and food items needed to be unpacked and put into their proper place. The solar battery and system I left was in working order. The kerosene fridge started up well, and for that two major expensive items to be working well after not being use for a while was wonderful.




1 comment:

Yesu amefuka said...

Hi there Glo:
Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know I too have blog sight now. I will send it to you via email. Have a great day.
Love in Him, Ruth Ann <><