Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Who am I?

Hello my name is Gloria Smethers working in Kenya since 1999 with Africa Inland Mission as a nurse. I used to work in DRC (formerly Zaire) until 1996. Presently, I have been in the USA for nearly a year of leave living in Pa. I plan to return to Kenya in early June, Lord willing. The picture taken of me was done in Florida, but where I work climate, terrain, follage and life and people are very different.
The place that I will be returning to is called Kalacha where the Gabra and Boran peoples lives in a semi-nomadic way of life. Right at Kalacha the people are becoming more seditary(opposite of nomadic) so they live close by the water source at Kalacha and send their animals(camels, goats and sheep) out to graze early in the morning and return as the sun is going down. Life is very much like what we can read about in the Old Testement.
I hope I have caught your attention and interest as I would like to use this mode of communication to share about what is happening in my life and show you a bit easier and faster what life is like at Kalacha. Will be glad to hear from friends and family, and church supporters if you have any questions. Have a great week

No comments: