Friday, April 25, 2008

New NEWS!

Recently I received an email from mission leader-
ship saying that I need to raise money for a 4WD
vehicle in order to start up mobile clinics again from Kalacha. I had hoped to return to Kenya and assess the situation, but the mission wants me to present the need before I leave in June 2008. So I am writing a prayer letter to everyone know and adding it to this months blog.

Two of the last 4 years in Kenya, I did have a land rover to use for the mobile clinics. But it became far to expensive for me to keep it running and repaired. So it was sold and with in 6
months the Lord answer the 3 reason for having
a vehicle-mobile clinics, travel between Nairobi

and Kalacha, and getting supplies. So I was hoping to return this time to see what the situation was at Kalacha with new missionaries and ministries starting up to see if really did need one.

You might have lots of questions as do I when thinking about a vehicle. I still have questions, but have wanted to know the Lord's leading in this matter totally. I am not sure exactly how and when He will supply, but He will. Let me pose some questions that you mgiht be asking:

1)How much will a vehicle cost? I looked on the
internet and the 4WD in the States costs at least
$20,000US new. AIM leadership is proposing that
I raise $30,000 which would give me the remainder
to use for the running and repairs on the vehicle.
They want me to have at least $12,000 "in-hand"
or promised before leaving the USA on June 10th.

2)Will you purchase the vehicle in Kenya? The plan is to purchase the vehicle, second-hand, in Kenya as that will decrease matters related to importing and fees involved to get the vehicle into Kenya.
3)Why is a 4WD necessary for your work? The reason a 4WD is necessary is because in northern Kenya when I work roads are either dusty and rocky in the dry season(most of the year), or MUDDY and EVENTFUL in the rainy season(twice a year). Due to unpaved roads each trip takes its tole on the tires, shock absorbers, bushings, body of the vehicle, and regular maintenance along with the higher price of fuel in Kenya. At present $6.00 is the price of a gallon of diesel.

If you have more questions please contact AIM, myself, or Global Ministries Commission on the websites provided.





















No comments: