Yes, the Lord is definitely continuing to work out HIS will concerning the need of a vehicle. It has been a faith stretching process these last two months as I see how the Lord is working in regards the news of a need for a vehicle. I praise HIM for what He is teaching me about leaning on HIM, about being willing to turn over my WILL to the Lord so that He can work.
It was disappointing at first that my departure date for returning to Kenya would likely be postponed and to realize that so much was need in a short period of time. Was my faith in the Almighty God large enough? Was I willing to release my control over this decision that I thought I should be making upon returning to Kenya? What would I do regarding place to stay and vehicle if I needed to stay longer into the summer? These are some questions that I have posed to trusty friends in recent weeks. They have been so supportive. Thanks!
Thanks to many of you who have been praying for me and this new needs. Thanks to others who have called to ask concerning questions as you are as surprised as I am about the need of the vehicle. Thanks to the Lord for what He is teaching about waiting on HIM.
What is the reason for the late notice of a need of a vehicle? 1)is the change in mission leadership in Kenya as of September 2007. 2)As a result of insecurity in Kenya from Dec. to March necessitated AIM leadership concentrating on current events, safety issues and care of missionaries in Kenya. That left little time for concentration on matter relating to AIM missionaries outside of Kenya, but planning to return.
Where should funds be sent? They can be sent either to AIM or GMC offices.(See my May newsletter) But if funds are sent to AIM there is one less set of hands the funds to be funnels through. Also it will be easier to keep track of the running total if they are sent to AIM with an attached note specifically mentioning "Smethers' vehicle project".
Will the vehicle be purchased in the USA? IF not, why? No the vehicle will be purchased in Kenya. If it was purchased in the USA it would likely be extra expense above the $30,000 for customs, transport and fees to get into Kenya. Also it would be an extra expense to keep an American vehicle repaired as parts for American cars are not easily accessiable in Kenya. It will be more economical, less hassles, and import fees for parts in the years to come if the vehicle is purchase in Kenya. There are 4WD dealors in Nairobi, and mechanic garages where repairs can be done. Added to that often missionaries are leaving and selling their well kept vehicles which give another option for purchasing a well cared for second-hand vehicle.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment