June 20 is fast drawing to closer. I can't believe that I have been in the States for an entire year. Being here for that time was very beneficial for me- time to see friends and family numerous times, visiting churches not in a rushed manner for most of the time, and yet having time to rejuvenate spiritually, physically and emotionally! Praise the Lord! I am so glad I have the two extra weeks to pack and sort belongings and make necessary preparations for returning to Kenya. Originally, I was leaving on June 5th from Pennsylvania, but instead I have two weeks here.
You might be asking how is the Vehicle Project coming along? It has been faith stretching experience watching how the Lord has opened door to speak to supporters and churches about this adventure. People have been asking good questions, and have been challenged to help so that a vehicle can be purchased in Kenya. May 08 there was $5000.00 at AIM HQ from the previous vehicle I had in Kenya. But the end of May 21, it was $7200.00 at AIM HQ. By the beginning of June, it was nearly $10,000.00 , and as of June 6, yesterday, we have nearly $14,000 promised or in hand at AIM HQ. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD A PART IN IT. MUNGU ANAWEZA- GOD IS ABLE.
Along with that someone an AIM prayer meeting put me in contact with a Christian donor organization in Philadelphia. They asked for a formal application to be filled out by myself and AIM which we have now sent to them asking for assistance in the purchase of the vehicle. Lord willing, their board will be meeting at the end of July to decide if and how much they can help.
Please pray that the Lord would show them how much they can send towards the purchase of the vehicle.
So what is the next step? Since the funds have passed the amount that AIM has required to return to Kenya, AIM has purchased tickets for me to leave Pa. on June 20 from Harrisburg. I fly down to Florida in order to spend some days in with AIM retiree's near Clermont, before leaving for Kenya on June 25th from Orlando. The KLM flight has a stopover of a few hours in Amsterdam , Lord willing to arrive in the evening in Nairobi, Kenya on June 26th.
How long will you be in Nairobi? The exact time in Nairobi is unsure at this point. I will be in Nairobi for at least July on account of wanted to learn more Boran. BORAN is the local language spoken at Kalacha. It has been possible to contact a Christian Boran man who is willing to take time in his schedule to help me learn. He has helped other missionaries who were thrilled with his explanations and assistance in learning Boran.
What can we pray for? 1)for decisions related to the vehicle purchase-which type of vehicle, when is the right time to purchase it, from whom, how much is a fare price, what needs to be added to the vehicle to make it easier to use in northern Kenya. 2)That the language helper, Boru Galgallo. and I will be able to comes up with a lesson schedule that is agreeable to both of us. (He teaches at a Bible school and has Church responsibilities) That we would find a good place for meeting for the lessons. That I'd have wisdom in knowing exactly how much he should be paid. 3)For me as I re-adjust back into living in Africa where matters are cared for at a slower pace, where life is not always so prodictable as in the States, and where relationships are more important than tasks!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment