The month of July has passed rather fast. Not that it is behind me I can look back in the events and thank the Lord for His guidance and provision. The main reason for staying longer in Nairobi was to begin studying the Boran language. Along with that it was possible to get legal documents submitted for living and working in Kenya for the next couple of years. Besides that it has been possible to reconnect with other AIM and missionary friends, cousins working in Kenya, and prepare for the return to Kalacha. Thanks for you interest and prayers for the time here.
What are the upcoming plans? The flight to Kalacha is set for August 8th in the morning for a two and half hour flight from Nairobi to Kalacha. Most likely the following Monday I will start to work at the clinic and begin the process of unpacking my household item. I know that Ware is still there, and have heard that Barako is also there. I will be glad to start working with them again.
What about the vehicle purchase?The Lord has given clear guidance to purchase a Land Rover Defender, station wagon 1996, from missionaries returning to the States. The prices is good and they did not need the money immediately. The fact that this missionary was the sole owner and cared for it so well impressed me. They have been so gracious to me as we have talked about the specifics of transfer of ownership. This last we were able to care for details related to insurance and ownership in Kenya together in a smooth fashion. THE Exciting thing was that the missionary needed to use it one more time for a his own trip in northern Kenya Aug.2-12th. He was willing to leave the vehicle in northern Kenya in a central town where another missionary couple work. So it means that we can save some on ware and tear on the vehicle and diesel prices. At some point later in August or early September I will be able to make arrangements for traveling up to Marsabit(where it will be left) in order to get the vehicle along with the many supplies for living in Kalacha again. THE LORD IS GOOD IN WORKING THIS OUT.
How has the language learning gone? The Lord has also given us a good 4 weeks of language learning. Boru and I started meeting on July 7th for two hours daily for 4 days per week. He has been helpful in explaining to me grammatical questions that I had. He has been patient in my many questions and having to repeat many details to me frequently !! It has shown me how much I need to learn and realize that I need to really concentrate on further language learning! Please don't stop praying for me.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment